Assembly Unit Tech
- Unit Assembly Technician
- Fairmont, WV
- Non-Exempt (At Will/Full Time)
- Structural Manager
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Informs supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment used in the work
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
- Skills & Abilities:
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must possess the ability to read tape measures and blueprints
- Must possess basic math skills
- Must have knowledge for mechanical tools including pipe wrenches
- Frequent walking and climbing (stairs, ladders, terrain)
- Frequent lifting (up to and including 50 pounds)
- Frequent bending, twisting and standing
- Exposure to working outdoors in all-weather conditions
- Ability to work more than 40 hours in any given week including weekend assignments as required
- The individual must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work or visit within areas where it is required. This includes: hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, or other protective equipment as required by the location
- Remaining calm during emergencies and respond appropriately as dictated by the circumstance of the incident which includes within and around locations and when required to climb and descend stairs to access available exits
- Two to three years of related experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 10 Certification Preferred
- Mid Atlantic Fabrication LLC (Mid Atlantic) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
- Mid Atlantic Fabrication LLC offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and a high paced professional workplace conducive to professional growth and development.
Ready to Apply? Complete the Form