TEK – Engineering Technician
- TEK Construction Services, LLC
- Engineering Technician
- Project Management
- Corporate Office & Field Locations
- This position will require extensive travel and provide an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated engineer to gain valuable experience on a wide range of gas transmission, midstream and compression station construction related projects.
- This position will give the candidate the opportunity to expand their technological background in civil and geotechnical construction while providing the opportunity to gain valuable project management experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and Studies all bid documents to gain a thorough understanding of the project scope.
- Assists the PM with maintaining the project set of IFC Drawings and assuring that the set is always the correct revision. Assist the PM with reviewing revised drawings for changes as they are issued.
- Ensure that project documentation is being prepared accurately (daily reports, time sheets, photos, as-builts, material test reports, subcontractor progress, etc.) and are being filed properly and timely.
- Ensures that the daily reports are prepared accurately, that time is cost coded correctly and production quantities are be tracked and reported. Sufficient detail shall be included in the report to accurately document the work that was completed
- Maintains tracking spreadsheets for production quantities, materials, BOM, weld count, x-rays, etc. for the project.
- Ensures that As-Built plans are maintained and that all changes are being documented
- Ensures that As-Built ISO drawings are being prepared (via AutoCAD) which include accurate data including all fabrication details, material heat numbers, welder stencils, and X-ray numbers.
- Assists the PM with documenting and tracking of Extra Work costs, assuring out of scope work is being captured as a Change Order and that Extra Work is not being performed without proper authorization.
- Maintains RFI and Change Order Logs and periodically updates
- Maintains updated purchase log and tracks Field Purchases.
- Assists the PM with performing takeoffs and obtaining quotes for required subs, materials, etc. that are required throughout the project.
- Maintains Project files for quick access and for future reference.
- Attends the daily planning meetings and prepares meeting notes to document and communicate to PM and Client.
- Attends the weekly Onsite Progress meeting with the client and takes meeting notes.
- Assist in the preparation and Review of resource Scheduling and 3 week look ahead
- Assists the PM with maintaining and updating the project schedule.
- Ensure that all documents are cost coded (ie. project expense reports, delivery tickets, payroll.) Ensure that cost coding is correct.
- When dedicated Site Safety personnel are not provided on a project, assist the Project team with documenting safety meetings, JSAs, etc.
- Work in a Team environment where employees are motivated and enjoy their jobs. Foster a positive atmosphere where employees can grow and succeed.
- Promote good lines of communication among all of the employees in the division. Promote good lines of communication with Project Managers and Supervisors. The more open communications are, the more ideas are shared, the more employees will work together. This is important for the company’s growth and well being.
- Participation in weekly meetings to make sure that all pertinent issues are discussed and resolved.
- Follow company Policies and Procedures so that employees perform their tasks efficiently and correctly. Encourage the employees to develop suggestions to improve and streamline the procedures.
- Participate in Marketing and Business Development (ie. Develop a good relationship with the client, inspectors, etc. ask about upcoming projects and opportunities for MEC to continue working with the client.)
- Ask Questions and Learn from each other.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering Technology, with emphasis on CADD drafting or similar related training/experience
- 1 – 2 years of experience with Autodesk Plant 3D or other 3D drafting programs a plus
- 1 – 2 years of experience in heavy construction or a related field
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented atmosphere
- Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel experience
- Ability to work within AutoCAD or similar design software
- Ability to travel extensively and for extended periods of time
- Sound technical knowledge
- Commercial instincts
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- TEK Construction Services, LLC offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and a high paced professional workplace conducive to professional growth and development
Ready to Apply? Complete the Form